Coaches are among the most important people within Karate BC. Whether they are coaching students at their dojo’s, or preparing an athlete for the National Championships, a good coach is paramount to helping an individual realize their potential, whether in sport or in practice.
Karate BC is looking for a strong coaching development contractor to fulfill the role as the Coaching Development Coordinator to help build our coaching program to the next level in order to continue developing strong coaches for the karate community.
The duties included in this role would be to:
- Act as the Coaching Development Coordinator representing Karate BC with respect to any and all functions
- Review of Karate BC instructor certifications to ensure compliance (with respect to requirements of Karate BC)
- Review of Karate BC instructor certifications with respect to requirements for the BC Team
- Work with the Karate BC Coaching Development Committee to develop a long term strategy for increasing the number of certified instructors in BC
- Create an annual Coach Development course plan for KBC instructors to ensure opportunities for club coaches to become certified, and to offer a path for coaches to achieve status necessary to coach at National level
- Planning and execution (securing of venue, instructors, etc.) of appropriate courses and evaluations necessary for the organization
- Manage any/all coaching communications
- Act as Chair of the Coaching Development Committee to develop this program, including annual budgeting, program development, etc.
- Review and revise Karate BC’s NCCP policy as necessary
- Develop content necessary for the Karate BC website with respect to Coaching Development.
This role will require the successful candidate to undergo the Coaching Association’s “Locker Training” so they can manage, update, and otherwise control all aspects of the Locker as it pertains to Karate BC coaches.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please send your resume and cover letter via email (Subject: Coaching Development Coordinator Application) to Karate BC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submission is Friday, February 10th.