Karate Canada is pleased to be offering a National level Officials Certification Course on September 27, 2017, in Richmond, BC, as part of the 7th Karate-do Goju-Kai Global Championships.
All Canadian National level officials or those who wish to upgrade from Provincial Referee to National license should attend.
Any Non-Canadian Officials coming to officiate at the 7th Karate-do Goju-Kai Global Championships, as guests of IKGA Canada are invited to participate as a refresher for minimal cost – IKGA Rule modifications will be explained.
The Process for Certification for Canadians at the National level:
- Provincial Referee License (pre-requisite)
- Attend a Regional Clinic
- Written Test
- Practical Evaluation at the Selection Tournament and Clinic (kata and kumite)
Canadian Provincial Judges and Referees who do not qualify, or do not wish to take the test, may audit the course.
Full details are below, including link to online registration.
September 27th, 2017
Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel (Westminster Room 1,2) – click link for map to venue
To register for this course, click the online link HERE.
- Online registration closes September 26th at 11:59pm
- Registration is available on the day of the event, but cash only and $20 extra fee applies.
Fees for Canadian Officials:
- National Clinic (audit): $100
- National Clinic + Exam: $150
Fees for International Guests of IKGA Canada:
- Rules refresher – $40
NOTE: $20 additional fee for day-of registrations. Day-of registration is strictly cash only.
Wednesday, September 27: Clinic 8:00 am-4:00 pm – Rules Review and Online test
Thursday, September 28 – Sunday, October 1: Practical at the event
Seminar Participant Instructions:
- NOTE: To certify for a national license in the National Clinic you must first have your Provincial Referee certification, as a prerequisite. However, any certified provincial official may participate by auditing the course.
- Bring Officials Manual, and notebook. Officials uniform is not required for the seminar/clinic portion
- Please read the rules and manual to prepare for discussion:
- WKF Rules (current revision) – Click link to view and/or download a copy