Karate Canada is pleased to be offering a National level Officials Certification Course on January 6-8th, 2017, in Langley, BC, as part of the Karate BC Selection Tournament.
All national level officials or those who wish to upgrade from Provincial Referee to National license need to attend.
The Process for Certification at the National level:
- Provincial Referee License (pre-requisite)
- Attend a Regional Clinic
- Written Test
- Practical Evaluation at the Selection Tournament and Clinic (kata and kumite)
- Confirmation of Results to be made at the National Championships (Quebec City)
Provincial Judges and Referees who do not qualify, or do not wish to take the test, may audit the course.
Full details are below, including link to online registration.
January 6-8th, 2017
Langley Events Centre – click link for map to venue
To register for this course, click the online link HERE.
National Clinic: $100
National Clinic + Certification: $150
Friday, January 6: 7pm – 8:30 pm Pre-tournament Review of Rules (this session is OPTIONAL)
Saturday, January 7: 9am – 5 pm Selection Tournament, with evaluations.
Sunday, January 8: 9am – 3:30 pm; Rules Review, Written Test and Practical Evaluations (kata).
Seminar Participant Instructions:
- NOTE: To certify for a national license in the National Clinic you must first have your Provincial Referee certification, as a prerequisite. However, any certified provincial official may participate by auditing the course.
- Bring Karate gi, Officials Manual, and notebook. Officials uniform will not be required for the seminar/clinic portion
- Please read the rules and manual to prepare for discussion:
- WKF Rules: http://www.wkf.net/pdf/WKFCompetitionRules2017.pdf (current revision)
- Practical Test: Will be on Jan 7th and 8th at the Langley Events Centre
- Bring Karate gi, Officials Manual, and notebook.