The following multi-sport coaching modules will enhance your coaching repertoire! Many of these have been integrated by sports into their own sport-specific workshops while other sports require their coaches to take them separately through the network of Provincial and Territorial Coaching Representatives.
All of these multi-sport modules can help you reach higher as a coach, and can also be counted towards Maintenance of Certification.
Contact Karate BC to learn more about the Instructor and Coach pathways in BC (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Performance Planning (there is a 2 hr pre-workshop session – materials will be forwarded to you in advance after you register).
After completing the Performance Planning module, you will be able to:
- perform a thorough analysis of the demands of your athletes’ sport at the elite (high-performance) level;
- outline a program structure based on training and competition opportunities;
- identify appropriate measures for promoting athlete development within your own program;
- integrate yearly training priorities into your own program;
- organize and sequence training priorities and objectives on a weekly basis to optimize adaptations; and
- evaluate the ability of your athletes/team to perform up to their potential in competition.
Advanced Practice Planning
After completing the Advanced Practice Planning module, you will be able to:
- identify the factors that affect practice planning;
- ensure that practice plans are consistent with the microcycles and phases of which they are part;
- sequence exercises in a practice so that their order is consistent with the research on sequencing;
- develop a plan for training athletic abilities over a microcycle;
- develop a plan for training technical and tactical abilities over a microcycle; and
- develop a plan for a microcycle that helps athletes taper before a competition.
Manage a Sport Program
After completing the Manage a Sport Program module, you will be able to:
- manage administrative aspects of the program and oversee logistics;
- manage staff’s roles and responsibilities;
- manage camp and tournament finances and travel; and
- report on athlete progress throughout the program.
Course: NCCP Multisport Modules
Dates: February 10-12th, 2018
February 10/11: 12 PM to 8 PM – Performance Planning Part 1
February 11: 9 AM- 1 PM – Performance Planning Part 2
February 11: 1 PM – 5 PM – Advanced Practice Planning
February 12: 9 AM – 1 PM – Manage a Sport Program
Hollyburn Country Club
950 Cross Creek Road
West Vancouver, BC
Click HERE for Google Map of location
- Performance Planning Module: $150 + $30 for course materials
- Advanced Practice Planning Module: $80 + $30 for course materials
- Manage a Sport Program Module: $80 + $30 for course materials
- 14 years of age
- Full attendance is required for credit in the Locker
Registration: Complete the online registration form HERE (and follow payment instructions).
Course Facilitator: Rodney Hobson and Jennifer Falloon
For any questions, please contact the Coach Development Coordinator, Donna Gardecki, at email@example.com.