The NCCP Competition Introduction (Comp Intro) Workshop is intended for dojo instructors and coaches who want to help their students/athletes move to the next phase of their training.
Whether you have a karate student who is getting ready for an important examination or a karate competition, the Comp Intro Workshop has something for you.
This weekend workshop will introduce instructors and coaches to more detailed planning of effective practices and analysis of performance to support the karate athletes in improving their performance and skill to challenge the next phase of training and competition.
Karate BC requires you to have taken the Instruction Beginner Workshop (or equivalent) prior to registering for the Comp Intro Workshop. Those who complete the workshop will be considered Comp Intro in-training and may go on to become certified by completing tasks 1-6 of the Coach Portfolio. Contact Karate BC to learn more about the Instructor and coach pathways in BC. Once you have your portfolio complete, register to be evaluated by contacting Karate BC at (email@example.com)
Who Should Take This Workshop?
- Dojo instructors who are interested in developing their ability to analyse movement and provide constructive feedback to their students
- Dojo instructors who want to coach their own students at National Championships (may need additional requirements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info)
- Coaches who want to coach at National championships (may need additional requirements, contact email@example.com for more info)
- Coaches who wish to coach at BC Winter Games
- Coaches who wish to pursue Comp-Dev modules, or the Advanced Coaching Diploma
Analyze performance (6 hours)
- Consider factors that influence technical and tactical performance
- Observe and define key performance factors in karate techniques
- Apply the principles of motion to detect and correct error
Planning a Practice (5 hours)
- Understand the importance of logistics is development of a practice plan
- Establish an effective structure for practices
- Identify appropriate activities for each part of the practice
- Design an emergency action plan
- Develop a karate skill
- Match sport requirements and athlete development
- Develop a karate skill and physical ability at the same time
Support the Competitive Experience (4 hours)
- Learn performance profiling
- Learn elements of mental preparation
- Discuss pre, during and post competition eating
Workshop: NCCP Competition Introduction
Dates: November 25-26th, 2017
Times: 1300-1800h (Sat), 0900-1700h (Sun)
Location: Surrey Karate Academy, 12725 80th Ave Surrey, BC. Click HERE for map.
Cost: $50 for Karate BC Members (includes electronic copy of workshop materials).
Manual: You will be sent a link to a digital copy of the manual for this workshop. You will be able to view this document on your computer however, it is strongly recommended to print the workshop materials and bring them to the workshop. PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to have the manual printed, please contact the Learning Facilitator (below) right after you register in order to get the link so you can get the manual printed (at Staples, etc.). There will not be much time after the November 23rd registration cutoff date to have this done.
- 16 yrs old and brown belt for the workshop
- 18 yrs old and brown belt for certification
- Have completed the Instructor Beginner Workshop (or equivalent) with Karate BC
Registration: Complete the online registration form HERE. (Online registration available through Thursday, November 23th)
Learning Facilitator: Ali Najafi
Questions: Please contact our Coach Development Coordinator, Donna Gardecki, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org