The dojo instructor, both new and experienced, would benefit from this course. It is intended for instructors who teach students who are usually beginners or not very experienced. The focus is on fundamentals and skill development within a rather short timeframe of interaction between the instructor and the participants (such as 1 or 2 classes weekly). This course appeals to a broad range of instructor and provides the basic building blocks of instruction as set out by the NCCP Karate Canada program.
Participants who complete this course will be Instructors In-Training and may go on to complete Instructor Certification or transition in the NCCP Competition stream to become a Trained or Certified Coach. Contact Karate BC to learn more about the Instructor and Coach pathways in BC (firstname.lastname@example.org).On this course a participant will gain experience and training in the following:
Planning a Practice
- Understand the importance of logistics in the development or a practice plan
- Establish appropriate structure for practices
- Identify appropriate activities for each part of the practice
- Design an emergency action plan
Teaching and Learning
- Self-reflection on teaching style and philosophy
- Assessment tools that will enable participants to keep working on their own to improve their effectiveness as a teacher
- Plan and structure and organise practice
- Make interventions that promote learning
Make Ethical Decisions
- Apply a step-wise process for making decisions based on the NCCP Code of Ethics
- Consider factors that influence technical & tactical performance
- Observing and defining key performance factors
- Applying the principles of motion to detect and correct key performance factors
Course: NCCP Instruction Beginner
Dates: January 20/21, 2018
Times: 0900-1700h Sat & Sun
Rodney Hobson Karate Academy
239 Rutland Rd N
Click HERE for Google Map of location
NOTE: If you register to also take the subsequent Competition Introduction course the following weekend of January 27/28th, you will receive $25 the cost of that course.
Manual: You will be sent a link to a digital copy of the manual for this course. You will be able to view this document on your computer, tablet, phone during the course, if desired, or alternatively you can take the link to the nearest copy shop (e.g., Staples) and have it printed.
Minimum requirements of 14yrs old and green belt to participate.
Registration: Complete the online registration form HERE (and follow payment instructions).
Course Conductor: Rodney Hobson
For any questions, please contact the Coach Development Coordinator, Donna Gardecki, at email@example.com.