- Dojo Instructors who are interested in developing their ability to analyse movement and to provide constructive feedback to their athletes
- Coaches who wish to coach at the Provincial Championships
- Coaches who wish to coach at the BC Winter Games
- Provincial Coaches at National Championships
Making Ethical Decisions Module
By successfully completing the Make Ethical Decisions workshop you will be fully equipped to handle virtually any ethical situation with confidence and surety.
MED is one of the NCCP’s cornerstone workshops, and leaves coaches with no doubt as to what to do when the going gets tough.
Upon completing the MED module you’ll be able to:
- analyze a challenging situation and determine if it has moral, legal or ethical implications;
- apply the NCCP Ethical Decision-Making Model to properly respond to each situation in a way that is consistent with the NCCP Code of Ethics.
Karate instructors who have transitioned from the old system (Level 1,2) to the new system only have a few more months to take this course and maintain their certification. Did you know NCCP courses can be counted towards your professional development points required to maintain your certification? Each course is worth 5 points. You need 20 points per 5 years to maintain certified status.
NOTE: You MAY sign up to take just the MED module itself.
- Plan a Practice “B” (5 hours)
- Support Competitive Experience (4 hours)
- Analyze Performance “B” (6 hours)
Dates: January 27 / 28th, 2018
8736 – 216 Street
Click HERE for Google Map of location
- Brown Belt, at least 16 years old
- Have completed the Making Ethical Decisions online training module
- Have completed the Introduction-Beginner course (i.e. Introduction Beginner Trained)
Course Conductor: Ali Najafi
For any questions, please contact the Coach Development Coordinator, Donna Gardecki, at email@example.com.